“Enhancing Safety at the Bedside”
Combining function and aesthetics, Starkstrom’s range of ceiling mounted clinical pendants provide convenient access to multiple gas, electrical and data outlets for use in critical care, operating, anaesthetic and ancillary rooms. The pendants are designed to help with infection prevention practices, improve workflow by providing a safe and organised environment for clinical staff, and be easy to maintain and service when required.
Starkstrom’s Clinical Pendants are a modern, compact design providing features and services unique in this market. These innovations include:
- Triangular “Proteus” Pendant Head - has 6 surfaces which can be customised to meet your facility’s needs
- Cable Management System – cables can be ‘tidied’ away to help prevent hazardous trips and falls and build-up of dust
- LED Lighting - provides gentle ambient light (side and up-lighting) and illumination for reading notes (down lighting).
A wide range of Pendant Accessories (e.g. shelves, drawers, IV Poles) are also available to support clinicians’ needs when using a Starkstrom Clinical Pendant in the Operating Room or other medical critical area. Please contact Starkstrom for further information.
Infection Prevention & Control
Starkstrom’s latest clinical pendants have been designed with some unique features to support hygiene and infection control practices in hospitals and help reduce the incidence of healthcare associated infections.
- Elliptical Pendant Arms - reduce drag ensuring circulation of clean air and help reduce the build-up of dust and contaminates, promoting hygiene and infection prevention.
- Smooth Aluminium Pendant Fascias- easy to wipe clean due to their unique snap-fit feature removing the need for screw fixings that can trap dust.
- Flush Electrical Sockets and Fittings (e.g. RJ45 data outlets, AV plates) - fixed from the rear of the pendant fascia removing the need for screw fixings that can trap dust.
- Nurse Call Points - laser cut and populated to promote infection prevention.
- Cable Management - reduces amount of exposed cables minimising dust build up and cleaning time.
Starkstrom’s Clinical Pendants help organise the space around a hospital bed and operating table to improve workflow, performance and safety.
- Medical Gas Services - medical gas outlets enable easy and ergonomic access to gas services (e.g. oxygen); AGSS outletto remove anaesthetic gases from the environment; VAC outlet to provide vacuum when used with suction control devices.
- Electrical Services – help reorganise the clinical workspace: includes electrical sockets, data points, TV aerial points, audio/visual sockets, nurse call systems.
- Ease of Control – pendant movement is controlled by a remote switch or Central Membrane Panel making it easier to carry loads of up to 400kg (e.g. surgical light heads, anaesthetic machines).
- Cable Management - cables can be hidden away to help prevent patients and clinical staff from trips and falls.
- LED Lighting – provides gentle ambient light (side and up-lighting) and illumination for reading notes (down- lighting).
- Medical Poles - have three integral 25mm diameter IV poles and up to six Medi-Rails for mounting clinical devices and accessories, keeping the area around the patient bed tidy.
Starkstrom Clinical Pendants are designed and manufactured in the UK to meet specific customer needs and supplied so that they can be used ‘straight from the box.’
- Pendant Designs – multiple design options available including wall and ceiling mounted beams that can be configured to meet clinical needs and carry loads of up to 400kg (e.g. surgical light heads, anaesthetic machines).
- Pendant Arm Lengths – varied lengths available ranging from 600mm to 2850mm (dependant on single or articulated combination).
- Pendant Accessories – wide choice of accessories available to support clinical procedures such as fixed and adjustable shelves, drawer units, suction jar holders and Ambu bag holders.
- Medical Gas Services - supports up to 16 medical gas outlets which are all individually fed by a dedicated hose to allow for maximum air flow and pressure.
- Electrical Services – supports 4 to 32 electrical sockets on two of six fascia, equipotential bonding sockets, AV connection ports, TV aerial points, USB ports, light switches, membrane function controls, nurse call systems