"The Ergonomic Choice for Patients and Nurses"
Starkstrom is the sole UK distributor for the Merivaara range of hospital beds to meet clinical and budgetary needs of the medical facility. The range includes:
CARENA - the ergonomic choice for both patients and nurses
- Carena is a revolutionary hospital bed with unparalleled ergonomics for the patient and for the nurse. The needs of nursing staff as well as an increase in the average weight of the population and the relative number of elderly people have been taken into consideration in its design.
- Smaller patients will love the minimum height makes it easy for them to get in and out of the bed on their own.
- Additionally, the hospital bed accommodates also heavier patients the maximum safe working load (SWL) being 330kg.
- This next-generation hospital bed is equally suited for use in day surgery, emergency room, long-term or intensive care or nursing homes.
FUTURA PLUS - improved ergonomics, usability and reliability
- The classic Futura Plus bed has been updated to provide even better comfort and reliability than before. The new Futura Plus also complies with the new medical bed standard IEC 60601-2-52. Designed and manufactured in Finland, it is a long-lasting, good-value bed for both hospital and nursing home use.
Benefits for the user include:
- Better comfort for the patient
- More convenient and ergonomic for caregivers
- Bed end accessories do not move with back section
- Can take heavier patients
- Improved patient safety and reliability
FUTURA PLUS JUNIOR – for paediatric patients
- The Futura Plus Junior patient care beds offer adaptability and multiple features to ensure comfort and safety also for paediatric patients in daily use.
- Merivaara’s Futura Plus Junior bed for children is equipped with versatile and safe features, such as height adjustment and a 3-sectional mattress base. The mattress base size has been designed to accommodate small patients.
- Its versatile range of accessories matches with both previously purchased and new Future Plus Junior beds. The bed is easy to maintain providing you with a long lasting, good-value hospital bed option for the paediatric department.
CARENA hospital bed features:
- High safe working load 330kg
- Unique lower and upper height 310–890mm (with 125mm castors)
- Comfortable and ergonomic for both patient and nurse
- Light weight and easy transportation
- Electric and manual Trendelenburg
- Quick release (CPR) for back section (optional)
- Innovative structure and design, patented technology
- Long service life cycle and convenient maintenance
- Comply with EN 60601-2-52
FUTURA PLUS hospital bed features:
- Sliding back section
- New frame structure
- Higher SWL than before – 230kg
- Tested according to the new international medical bed standard by an independent testing laboratory
- Protected design and patented technology
FUTURA PLUS JUNIOR hospital bed features:
- Versatile, functional and reliable
- Specially sized mattress base for children
- 3-sectional mattress base
- Adjustable led section
- Adjustable mattress base height
- Wide range of accessories