“Increasing Efficiency in Surgery”
Starkstrom is the sole UK distributor for the Merivaara range of operating tables to meet clinical and budgetary needs of the medical facility. The range includes:
PROMERIX - increased efficiency in all surgical procedures
Promerix is heavy-duty, electro-hydraulic operating table for all kind of surgeries, meeting the strictest demands of modern operating theatres. With its modular construction, stable floor lock and comprehensive range of accessories, Promerix can be set up to the best possible configuration for each surgical procedure.
Promerix provides open access to the operated area and excellent working ergonomics for the surgical team without compromising on patient safety. You can choose among two different column options, B3 for say, bariatric surgery and sliding for surgeries where imaging is essential.
Promerix is both easy to use and to maintain, it fulfils X-ray and C-arm requirements through its sliding possibility and reverse functions, as well as its wide table section material.
Safe working load (SWL) 325kg (with sliding function 275kg).
PRACTICO - modular choice for general surgical procedures
Practico, the electro-mechanical, mobile operating table represents convenient design and maximum flexibility for general surgery.
Its modular construction with a wide range of posture possibilities offers comfort and operational efficiency for the whole surgical team. Therefore it is also a popular choice for day surgery clinics, where patient flow is crucial. With the comprehensive selection of accessories the table can be adjusted to meet most requirements for different surgical procedures.
Practico is available with standard table top/basic model, 300mm sliding table top, Beach Chair back section or Kidney Bridge seat/back section.
Safe working load (SWL) 225kg, maximum lifting capacity 380kg.
PRACTICO MANUAL - for a wide variety of surgical procedures
The new hydraulic Practico is a versatile manually operated table model that enables a wide range of configurations for general and special surgery.
The table accommodates larger patients and offers excellent access to the operated site thanks to its design and adjustment options.
Additionally, the rust proof table top design makes the table suitable for demanding climate conditions.
RAPIDO RANGE OF OPERATING TABLES
Rapido is an all-in-one hydraulic day surgery table for pre-induction, transport, operation and recovery. Its variety of features makes it the ideal solution for busy day surgery needs.
Rapido enables expedient operating room transfers in the day surgery ward which leads to more efficient use of operating room time crucial in efficient outpatient surgery.
- Rapido Eye-ENT operating table is specially designed for ophthalmic and ENT surgery. Its shaped upper back section and special head rest offer ergonomic and unlimited access to the patient’s head.
- In this model, all table top adjustments such as hydraulic height, Trendelenburg and leg section adjustments are located in the foot end of the table, out of the surgeon’s way. Adjustment of the back and head sections – the ones the surgeon needs during the procedure - are conveniently controlled from the head end of the table.
RAPIDO Upper Body
- Rapido Upper Body operating table is specially designed for various types of surgeries on the upper body, including head.
- In this model, all table top adjustments are similar as in the Eye-ENT model with a lot of space to enable the surgeon to come close to the patient.
LINK: Day Surgery Process with Rapido all-in-one Operating Table
FLEXION – orthopaedic extension device
- Flexibility in orthopaedic surgery set-ups
- Single system for several fields of orthopaedics; e.g. hip arthroscopy and lower extremity procedures
- Flexible patient positioning Intuitive one-hand adjustment for adduct / abduct and flex / extend
- Quick latching system – ready to use straight away
- Excellent C-arm access for imaging during surgery
- Modular system that can easily be upgraded to different applications with additional components
PROMERIX operating table features
- Electro-hydraulic, mobile operating table
- Battery capacity for up to one week of operations, table can be used during charging
- Several control options e.g. cable and infrared control unit with backlight
- Override panel in the column for emergency use
- Fulfils X-ray and C-arm requirements
- Hydraulic floor lock system with 4 cylinders
- Wide range of accessories e.g. for spinal surgery and shoulder arthroscopy
- Mattress options 65mm IS-mattress with pin or 80mm visco-elastic memory foam
- Maximum safe working load 275kg (sliding), 325kg (B3, non-sliding)
- Unique latching mechanism for table top sections
- Base cover options stainless steel or ABS
- Optional 5th wheel with or without powered drive function
- PC Service software available
PRACTICO operating table features:
- Electro-mechanical, mobile surgical table
- Removable table-top sections and wide range of accessories enable fast and easy set up for different surgical procedures
- Battery operated table with integrated charger/transformer, optional main power use
- Optional floor lock system to enhance the stability for demanding procedures
- Lightweight table top sections with quick release offer improved ergonomics for nurses
- The convenient design of the base together with the sliding function guarantees unlimited access for the surgeon to the patient
- Patented Beach Chair back section is extremely easy and lightweight in use and offers better comfort for the patient in semi-seated position
- Comfortable and soft, moulded IS-mattress, 65mm or visco-elastic memory foam (VEF) 80mm mattress
PRACTICO MANUAL operating table features:
- Excellent access for the surgical team to the patient
- Versatile – use the same table for a wide variety of surgeries
- Faster turnaround times thanks to easy set-up
- Compatible with many of the same accessories and table top sections as other Merivaara tables (Practico electro-mechanical and Promerix)
- C-arm and X-ray compatible
- Suitable for humid weather conditions thanks to the corrosion-free material
RAPIDO All-in-one features:
- Dedicated Day-Surgery table
- Cost effective: 1 product, several applications: bed, trolley, operating table, examination table
- Easy to service
- Easy to clean and to operate
- Exceptionally low minimum height
- Base frame of epoxy coated steel
- Casings of chock-resistant ABS-plastics
- Swivelling antistatic twin-castors 150
- Central locking pedal on each castor (locks all castors simultaneously)
- Robust and stable column system
- Table top of 4–5 sections (Head section included)
- Top plates are X-ray translucent high pressure laminate
- X-ray cassette rails along the full length
- Soft antistatic, 70mm separate mattress set fixed to the table with velcro fitting
- Swing-down side rails
RAPIDO Eye-ENT features:
- Specialized application for Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat Surgery
- Easy access to the head area
- Exceptionally low minimum height
RAPIDO Upper Body features:
- Specialized application for various surgical procedures on the upper body
- Easy access to the upper body area
- Exceptionally low minimum height